Cheevos found in H > Dungeons > Rift: Storm Legion > Exodus of the Storm Queen
Exodus of the Storm Queen is part of Storm Legion, it was released a few weeks earlier than the Storm Legion expansion as a ‘teaser’ of things to come. For those few weeks, the dungeon was only available to players that had pre-ordered Storm Legion, after the expansion was released it was then available to everyone.
The trash before boss 1 - Hot Lead, Cold Steel
Boss 1 - Dominax - Normal Mode + Expert Mode
Before the fight starts Dominax will hop inside the Assault Frame.
During phase 1 you will fight the Assault Frame until Dominax breaks out and then during phase 2 you will fight Dominax.
- Razor Slash – A 180 cleave attack, anyone hit will gain a debuff that reduces max HP, this debuff can be cleansed – The group should stay behind the boss to avoid this.
- Decimator – A one shot death ability to a low level tank, make sure you interrupt it! The player that rupts this cast will also gain a DPS boost.
- Metal Storm – An AOE attack that hits anyone in the room, not too painful.
- Crushing Blow – A big hit for a low level tank, be ready to heal!
- Red Mist – Dominax will aim this at a random player, this player needs to get out of line of sight before the cast ends or they will die. There are plenty of pillars in the room, its best to be near one of these at all times to make it easier to LOS in a hurry.
Dominax will spawn in his air elemental state near the forge, grab him and take him to the orange circle marked on the floor, Dps him down to 10% then a player will need to click the nearby Capture Device. This will lock Dominax into a small blue crystal, grab the crystal and take it up to the forge, stand in the blue circle to complete the fight.
- Storm Lash – Dominax will cleave 180, stay out of it! The group needs to be careful not to be in the way when the tank is kiting Dominax to the right spot.
- Raging Tempest – An AoE ability that hits everyone for a small amount of damage, as the fight continues the boss will gain stacks of Blizzard’s Touch, this will increase the damage of Raging Tempest until it is unhealable.. be sure to capture him before that!
Kill the trash in the next room and then go down the stairs to the room below.
Boss 2 - General Grim - Normal Mode + Expert Mode
When you first enter the room, General Grim will be fighting a bunch of good guys, just poke him to start the fight. The fight has two phases, in phase 1 you will fight the boss normally, when he reaches 40% health phase 2 will start. In phase 2 the boss will port into the middle of the room and a player will need to right click a banner near the boss and then use special temporary abilities to duel with the boss and kill him.
- Reaper’s Touch – Two rotating scythes that move around the room, try to stay away from them cos they hurt! You can DPS the scythes down and they will drop a red AoE that when stood in will give players a DPS boost. Most groups will just stay away from the scythes and ignore them, they will disappear after a while.
- Lightening Edge – Cast every 8 seconds – A frontal cleave that deals a lot of damage, the tank needs to face the boss away from the group.
- Adds – There are adds all around the edge of the room, these adds will attack you if you go near them but they don’t deal much damage and just moving away will de-agro them.
Phase 2 – 40% health – A single player duels the boss
- Reaper’s Touch – Continues as in phase 1
- Sinister Aura – Only the player in the duel area will hit by this – This deals damage every 5 seconds, the duelling player will need to have some self heals to be able to stay alive!
- Adds – Adds will spawn during the encounter, these can be killed by the non-duelling group members, when 2 adds are killed a player will be given a temporary ability that can be used to heal the duelling player.
- Rolling Thunder – A red cone AoE – All players need to move out of it.
- Brutal Strike – Deals damage equal to 75% of your health – Avoid this damage by using the temporary ability ‘Brutal Strike Counter’ during the cast.
- Subjugation – General Grim will channel this ability on the duelling player, the duelling player will have another temporary ability pop up called Subjugation Resist, this ability will need to be spammed for the duration of the cast.
If the duel fails and the duelling player dies, the fight can be savaged with a quick rez and a lot of healing. The group can then DPS General Grim down normally and he won’t enter the duel phase again. Some groups may choose to die and rez in this way to avoid doing the duel mechanic.
Boss 3 - Valthundr - Normal Mode + Expert Mode
Kill the trash on the way to the ice where Chekaroth is. The trash around the sides of the building does not need to be killed, however they do have a chance to drop artifacts from the Exodus of the Storm Queen set, which can be quite rare ($$$$).
Boss 4 - Chekaroth - Normal Mode + Expert Mode
Rapid Assault: Exodus of the Storm Queen
Finish Exodus of the Storm Queen on expert difficulty within 30 minutes of first combat
Expert: Exodus of the Storm Queen
Defeat all the bosses in Exodus of the Storm Queen on expert difficulty
Exodus of the Storm Queen
Defeat the 4 bosses listed, on normal or expert mode
Kill Dominax in expert mode.
Ensure no one is hit by the Red Mist ability, line of sight when it is cast.
Kill General Grim in expert mode.
Line of Scythe
Stay away from the rotating scythes that move around the room.
King of the Ring
This may take a bit of practice! Have a look at the tactics above for how to survive the duel.
The Bigger They Are
Kill Valthundr in expert mode
Kill Valthundr quickly enough that he is dead before the 4th cast of Winter’s Fury.
Ensure you are inside the blue circle during the Frost Bound spell, be ready to move out from behind the bookcases very quickly when Winter’s Fury cast is finished.
The Ice Queen Cometh
Kill Chekaroth in expert mode
Kill the stormblades quickly so the next one can spawn, do this 5 times before killing Chekaroth
After Foul Wind is finished casting, orange orbs will appear on the ice, walk into them to ‘pick them up’. Agree with your group before the fight starts if you plan to grab 3 of these for yourself, as you may end up killing other players who cant then clear their stacks of freeze, you can just grab 1 orb each time Foul Wind is cast, slow DPS so there are 3 casts of Foul Wind allowing you to grab 3 orbs before Chekaroth is killed.