You will find some questgivers in Shimmersand, Meridian and Sanctum, there is also a portal here that takes you straight to Tempest Bay.
You will find most people use the Tempest Bay area for quests as you can pick up most quests here and group up easily.
Clean House at the Carnival: Week #
The weekly resets every Thursday at 15:30 server time. The Carnival weekly is the same each week, if you miss a week, you can still pick up the quests from the week you have missed.
You will find the weekly quest in Tempest bay at /setwaypoint 12473 11788
The weekly asks you to complete 50 Carnival Games.
You can play Carnival games all around the Tempest Bay docks area. The Carnival games are repeatable, you can do them as many times as you like!
Winning 50 games is very time consuming to Solo.
Which is why everyone groups up and does BALLOON JUMPING!
You will find the Balloon Jumping quest on the boat towards the rear of the carnival area
/setwaypoint 12461 11844
If you go to this area during busy times (Thursday evening especially) you will find a lot of people there doing the balloon jumping quest.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU GROUP UP!!!
The Balloon Jumping quest requires you to jump on 30 balloons, but it will also count any balloon that someone else in your group jumps on. So if you group up, you will complete it much much faster!
With a full group of people you will likely only need to jump once or twice before you can hand the quest in!
Keep your group Public so other people can join when people who finished their quest leave.
Even during quieter times it is quicker to do Balloon Jumping in a small group than repeating any of the other games.
If you find you are falling off the boat alot while jumping (due to lag or other issues) then you may find it helpful to press [ / ] to switch to walking speed so your character moves slower.
Balloon Jumping Etiquette
- Put your pet away! – If you are playing a spec with a combat pet, dismiss your pet. Often pets get stuck in the area where the quest giver is, blocking the questgiver from interaction, this is super annoying!
- Dismount! – The size of your character model, and thus the amount of balloons you can pop in one jump, is the same whether you are mounted or not. Your huge elephant mount will NOT pop more balloon, it will just annoy other players and get in the way.
- Keep the group Public – This is the easiest way to keep the group full and allow peeps to join without fuss.
- Watch for Leadership – With peeps joining and leaving the group, eventually you may find yourself with group lead, when this happens, ensure the group is still set to public and pass lead to someone else if you dont want it!
- Pass Assist! – If you are a group leader or an assistant then you can make other players assistant too, this will help with inviting new players into the group without fuss.
- Don’t be Elitist – This is balloon jumping, not progression raiding. A lot of players have computers that cannot handle the 40 players jumping in a small space and the added strain of the quest updating every half second, these players may not be able to participate very much with the actual jumping. Just be kind, don’t threaten to kick peeps who are ‘idle’.
- Jump if/when you can – Participate as well as you can with the balloon popping. Especially move out to the edges to pop the balloons away from the crowd near the questgiver! I find it best to pick a spot I can quickly strafe back and forth from, this makes it easier for me to click the questgiver when I’m taking the next quest.
- Use the Macro! – If people are in the way then just use the macro explained below to interact with the questgiver.
You will find the quest givers in Tempest bay at /setwaypoint 12499 11700
There are two questgivers and two areas to do the quest in. This quest is not repeatable like the other Carnival games, you will only be able to do it once per day per character.
Pick up the quest, go into the small fenced off area and right click the frog basket.
This will release the artifact frogs, you then have around 10 seconds to pick up as many frogs as possible.
If there is another player in the fenced area, DO NOT ENTER! This is just going to make it harder for them to pick up their artifacts and you wont be able to do your quest at the same time anyway. If the area is super busy then switch shard.
The amount of artifacts you pick up will be heavily dependant on your lag, with high lag you will get maybe 2 or 3 frogs, with low lag you may be able to pick up 4.
The artifacts that you pick up will be in your rift loot bag.
You will also receive a Frogifact Cache when you hand in the quest, this cache contain between 1 and 3 artifacts.
These artifact sets are very very difficult to complete. The purple (epic) artifacts from these sets are SUPER RARE.
Make sure you do this daily every day on all of your characters for the best chance at looting purples. You can then search the Auction House or trade with other players to finish your sets towards the end of the event.
These artifacts can also be looted from the frogs in the Carnival Instant Adventures.
Carnival Instant Adventures
During the Carnival there will be special Instant Adventures running
You can pick up a Daily Quest to Complete 5 Instant Adventures in return for 25 Glass Beads..
Unfortunately you cant pick up this quest in Tempest Bay, you will need to go back to your home cities..
In Meridian from Sijay Creg at /setwaypoint 6191 5206
In Sanctum from Sijay Creg at /setwaypoint 7433 3128
The special Carnival Adventures have their own queue in the Instant Adventure UI. The Adventures take place in Tempest Bay and you will be mentored to Level 65.
These Adventures are the most fun Instant Adventures in the game!
They are also the most rewarding, with mounts, pets, artifacts and wardrobes to be earned.
Each boss kill will give you a Pinata Prize Bag which has a selection of quality goods inside!
Items that I have personally looted from Pinata Prize Bags during Carnival Instant Adventures 2021
This is nowhere near a complete list, but it should give you an idea of the kind of items that drop.
Artifacts from the Tito’s Trove set.
Celebration Bag for Adventurers (Contains an artifact from the ‘Hero Generation’ set)
Mount: Aurora (Binds to Account)(tradeable)
Mount: Nebula (Binds to Account)(tradeable)
Mount: Tindrel (Binds to Account)(tradeable)
Wardrobe: Adventurer’s Hat (helm)
Wardrobe: Ancient Kelari Robe (chest)
Wardrobe: Cape of the Architect (cape)
Wardrobe: Carnival Air Mask (helm)
Wardrobe: Carnival Death Mask (helm)
Wardrobe: Carnival Earth Mask (helm)
Wardrobe: Carnival Flame Mask (helm)
Wardrobe: Carnival Life Mask (helm)
Wardrobe: Carnival Planar Mask (helm)
Wardrobe: Carnival Water Mask (helm)
Wardrobe: Endless Marauder’s Spiked Shoulders (shoulders)
Wardrobe: Endless Skull Helm (helm)
Wardrobe: Puffy Dwarven Toque (helm)
Wardrobe: Sandcovered Muffler (shoulders)
pet: Blue Shell Crab (Bound to account)
pet: Bubbles (tradeable)
pet: Bubo (Bound to account)
pet: Gil (Bound to account)
pet: Happy Seacap (Bound to account)
pet: Moonshadow (tradeable)
pet: Nugget (Binds to Account)(tradeable)
These items are from previous years, I will move them to the 2021 loot table if/when I see them!
Mount: Knight Spider (tradeable)
pet: The Tickly Monster